Arab Elementary School

8 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Arab Elementary School

Arab Elementary School is a public school located in Arab, Alabama. It serves students in grades K-5 and is part of the Arab City School District. The school has an excellent reputation for providing quality education and a safe learning environment for its students. Arab Elementary School is committed to teaching the whole child and helping students to reach their full potential.
The school offers a variety of academic programs and extracurricular activities to meet the needs of its students. The curriculum includes core subjects such as math, science, social studies, and language arts, as well as enrichment classes like art, music, and physical education. Arab Elementary School also offers a variety of clubs and activities, including chess club, robotics club, and a student council.
Arab Elementary School has a dedicated staff of teachers and administrators who are committed to providing a quality education and a safe learning environment. The school also has a variety of resources to help students succeed, including a library, computer lab, and guidance counselors.
Arab Elementary School is a great choice for families looking for a quality education for their children. With its excellent academics, extracurricular activities, and supportive staff, Arab Elementary School is an ideal place for students to learn and grow.

Address:

241 8th Ave Ne
Arab, AL 35016

Phone:

(256) 586-6085

Site:

www.arabcityschools.org

Grades:

3 – 5

Enrollment:

546 students

Overview Arab Elementary School

Arab Elementary School serves 546 students in grades 3-5.
Arab Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Alabama for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 59% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 24%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 73% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 46%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is higher than the Alabama state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Alabama state average of 47% (majority Black).

Verdict on Arab Elementary School

Arab Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,276 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Arab Elementary School is 0.15, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Colonel Smith Middle School

Colonel Smith Middle School

Tharptown High School

Mendota High School

John Ehrhardt Elementary School

John Ehrhardt Elementary School