Arab High School

8 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Arab High School

Arab High School is a public school located in Arab, Alabama. It is a part of the Arab City School District and serves grades 9-12. The school is known for its excellent academic programs, including Advanced Placement classes and dual enrollment opportunities. Arab High School also offers a wide range of extracurricular activities, such as sports, clubs, and organizations. The school has a strong sense of community and pride, and its students are highly involved in their school and local community. Arab High School is a great place for students to get an excellent education, while also developing their skills in leadership, teamwork, and problem-solving.

Address:

511 Arabian Dr Ne
Arab, AL 35016

Phone:

(256) 586-6026

Site:

www.arabcityschools.org

Grades:

9 – 12

Enrollment:

758 students

Overview Arab High School

Arab High School serves 758 students in grades 9-12.
Arab High School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Alabama for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 35-39% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 24%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 45-49% (which is approximately equal to the Alabama state average of 46%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is lower than the Alabama state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 5% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Alabama state average of 47% (majority Black).

Verdict on Arab High School

Arab High School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,276 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Arab High School is 0.10, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Elizabeth Fonde Elementary School

Elizabeth Fonde Elementary School

Brawley Union High School

Brawley Union High School

Assurance Learning Academy

Assurance Learning Academy

Marked Tree High School

Marked Tree High School