Boaz Intermediate School

8 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Boaz Intermediate School

Boaz Intermediate School is a public school located in Boaz, Alabama. It is a part of the Boaz City School System and serves students in grades 5-8. Boaz Intermediate School strives to provide a safe, nurturing environment for its students. The school offers a variety of academic, athletic, and extracurricular activities for its students. The school also provides a variety of support services, such as counseling and special education, to ensure that all students have the opportunity to succeed. Boaz Intermediate School is dedicated to providing a quality education to its students and preparing them for success in high school and beyond.

Address:

11 Newt Parker Drive
Boaz, AL 35957

Phone:

(256) 593-9211

Site:

www.boazk12.org

Grades:

4 – 5

Enrollment:

348 students

Overview Boaz Intermediate School

Boaz Intermediate School serves 348 students in grades 4-5.
Boaz Intermediate School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Alabama for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 39% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 24%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 50% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 46%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 20:1 is higher than the Alabama state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 47% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is equal to the Alabama state average of 47% (majority Black and Hispanic).

Verdict on Boaz Intermediate School

Boaz Intermediate School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,276 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Boaz Intermediate School is 0.55, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Ah Watwood Elementary School

Morningview Elementary School

Harris Newmark Continuation Elementary School

James W. Rice Elementary School

James W. Rice Elementary School