Cordova Elementary School

8 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Cordova Elementary School

Cordova Elementary School is a public school located in the heart of Cordova, Tennessee. It is part of the Shelby County Schools system and serves students in grades Pre-K through 5th. The school has a long history of providing a quality education to the community and is committed to helping each student reach their full potential.
Cordova Elementary School provides a safe and welcoming learning environment for all students. The school has a strong focus on academics, with an emphasis on developing critical thinking and problem-solving skills. The teachers are highly experienced and dedicated to helping each student reach their highest potential.
The school also offers a wide range of extracurricular activities, including sports, music, art, and more. These activities help students develop social skills and build relationships with their peers.
Cordova Elementary School is a great choice for families looking for a quality education for their children. The school provides a safe and nurturing environment for learning, and the teachers and staff are dedicated to helping each student reach their full potential.

Address:

35 North St
Cordova, AL 35550

Phone:

(205) 483-7666

Site:

www.walkercountyschools.com

Grades:

PreK – 4

Enrollment:

347 students

Overview Cordova Elementary School

Cordova Elementary School serves 347 students in grades Prekindergarten-4.
Cordova Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Alabama for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 45-49% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 24%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 60-64% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 46%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is lower than the Alabama state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 10% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Alabama state average of 47% (majority Black).

Verdict on Cordova Elementary School

Cordova Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,276 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Cordova Elementary School is 0.19, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

White Plains High School

Chisholm Elementary School

Glennallen Elementary School

Eastlake Middle School

Eastlake Middle School