Dauphin Island Elementary School

Dauphin Island Elementary School

16 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Dauphin Island Elementary School

Dauphin Island Elementary School is a public school located in Dauphin Island, Alabama. It is part of the Mobile County Public School System and serves students in grades Pre-K through 5th. The school has a strong academic focus, with a commitment to providing a quality education to all students. The school also offers a variety of extracurricular activities, including sports teams, clubs, and after-school programs. The school has a strong sense of community, with parents and teachers working together to ensure the success of each student. Dauphin Island Elementary School is a great place for students to learn and grow, and the staff is dedicated to helping each student reach their full potential.

Address:

1501 Bienville Blvd
Dauphin Island, AL 36528

Phone:

(251) 861-3864

Site:

Grades:

K – 5

Enrollment:

66 students

Overview Dauphin Island Elementary School

Dauphin Island Elementary School serves 66 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Dauphin Island Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Alabama for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 40-49% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 24%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 60-69% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 46%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is lower than the Alabama state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Alabama state average of 47% (majority Black).

Verdict on Dauphin Island Elementary School

Dauphin Island Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,276 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Dauphin Island Elementary School is 0.15, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Donner Trail Elementary School

Donner Trail Elementary School

Horizon School

Orestimba High School

Katella High School