Elmore County High School

8 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Elmore County High School

Elmore County High School is a public high school located in Wetumpka, Alabama. It serves students in grades 9-12 and is part of the Elmore County School System. Elmore County High School has a long tradition of excellence in academics and athletics. The school offers a wide variety of courses, clubs, and activities to meet the needs of its diverse student body. The school also has a strong emphasis on community service and volunteerism. Elmore County High School is committed to providing a safe, positive, and nurturing learning environment for all students. The faculty and staff strive to help students reach their full potential and become successful, productive citizens. Elmore County High School is proud to be a part of the Wetumpka community and looks forward to continuing to serve its students for many years to come.

Address:

155 N College St
Eclectic, AL 36024

Phone:

(334) 541-3661

Site:

Grades:

9 – 12

Enrollment:

501 students

Overview Elmore County High School

Elmore County High School serves 501 students in grades 9-12.
Elmore County High School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Alabama for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 30-34% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 24%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 45-49% (which is approximately equal to the Alabama state average of 46%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is higher than the Alabama state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 12% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Alabama state average of 47% (majority Black).

Verdict on Elmore County High School

Elmore County High School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,276 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Elmore County High School is 0.22, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Red Level Elementary School

Carroll Elementary School

Red Mesa High School

Guerrero Elementary School