Gulf Shores High School
8 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown
About Gulf Shores High School
Gulf Shores High School is a public high school located in Gulf Shores, Alabama. Founded in 1965, the school serves students in grades 9-12. Gulf Shores High School offers a wide range of academic programs, including Advanced Placement courses, college prep courses, and vocational courses. The school also offers a variety of extracurricular activities, such as athletics, clubs, and organizations.
Gulf Shores High School is committed to providing a safe and supportive learning environment for all students. The school has a dedicated staff of administrators, teachers, and support staff who work to ensure that students have the best possible educational experience. The school also has a strong focus on community involvement and encourages students to become active members of the local community.
Gulf Shores High School is proud to be an integral part of the Gulf Shores community. The school strives to provide students with the tools and resources they need to be successful in the classroom and beyond. With a commitment to excellence, Gulf Shores High School is dedicated to helping students reach their full potential.
600 East 15th Ave
Gulf Shores, AL 36547
9 – 12
Overview Gulf Shores High School
Gulf Shores High School serves 768 students in grades 9-12.
Gulf Shores High School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Alabama for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 40-44% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 24%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 45-49% (which is approximately equal to the Alabama state average of 46%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is lower than the Alabama state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 17% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Alabama state average of 47% (majority Black).
Verdict on Gulf Shores High School
Gulf Shores High School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,276 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Gulf Shores High School is 0.30, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.