Gwin Elementary School

8 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Gwin Elementary School

Gwin Elementary School is a public school located in the heart of a vibrant community in the city of Los Angeles, California. The school is a part of the Los Angeles Unified School District and serves students in kindergarten through fifth grade. Gwin Elementary School is a place where students can learn, grow, and develop into successful, responsible citizens.
Gwin Elementary School offers a rigorous and engaging curriculum that emphasizes problem solving, critical thinking, and collaboration. The school also offers a variety of extracurricular activities, including sports, clubs, and after-school programs. Gwin Elementary School has a dedicated faculty and staff who are committed to providing a safe and nurturing learning environment for all students.
Gwin Elementary School is dedicated to providing students with the best possible education. The school is committed to helping students reach their full potential by providing a challenging and inspiring learning environment. Gwin Elementary School is a place where students can develop their skills and knowledge and become successful, responsible citizens.

Address:

1580 Patton Chapel Road
Birmingham, AL 35226

Phone:

(205) 439-2600

Site:

www.hoovercityschools.net

Grades:

PreK – 5

Enrollment:

559 students

Overview Gwin Elementary School

Gwin Elementary School serves 559 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Gwin Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Alabama for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 45% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 24%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 63% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 46%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is lower than the Alabama state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 53% of the student body (majority Black), which is higher than the Alabama state average of 47% (majority Black).

Verdict on Gwin Elementary School

Gwin Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,276 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Gwin Elementary School is 0.68, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Lemon Crest Elementary School

Lemon Crest Elementary School

Rio Bravo-greeley Elementary School

Rio Bravo-greeley Elementary School

Ragland High School

San Diego County Court