James Clemens High School

8 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About James Clemens High School

James Clemens High School is a public high school located in Madison, Alabama. It is part of the Madison City Schools system and serves students in grades 9-12. The school was established in 2004 and has since grown to become one of the largest high schools in the area with over 2,000 students.
James Clemens High School offers a wide range of educational opportunities for its students. It provides a comprehensive curriculum that includes core classes such as English, Math, Science, and Social Studies, as well as electives and Advanced Placement courses. The school also offers a variety of extracurricular activities such as sports, clubs, and organizations.
At James Clemens High School, students are encouraged to take part in their education and become active members of the school community. The school has an active parent-teacher organization and a student government that helps to promote student involvement. The school also offers a variety of community service opportunities for students to get involved in.
James Clemens High School is a great place for students to learn and grow. With its diverse curriculum, extracurricular activities, and community service opportunities, James Clemens High School provides students with the tools they need to succeed in their future endeavors.

Address:

11306 County Line Road
Madison, AL 35756

Phone:

(256) 216-5313

Site:

jchs.madisoncity.k12.al.us

Grades:

9 – 12

Enrollment:

2,152 students

Overview James Clemens High School

James Clemens High School serves 2,152 students in grades 9-12.
James Clemens High School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Alabama for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 50% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 24%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 53% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 46%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is higher than the Alabama state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 40% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Alabama state average of 47% (majority Black).

Verdict on James Clemens High School

James Clemens High School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,276 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of James Clemens High School is 0.59, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Rison Elementary School

Rison Elementary School

Northridge Academy High School

Desert Valley High (Continuation)

Desert Valley High (Continuation)

Fort Thomas High School