Leeds Elementary School

8 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Leeds Elementary School

Leeds Elementary School is a public school located in the heart of Leeds, Alabama. It serves students from kindergarten through fifth grade. Leeds Elementary School is known for its welcoming, family-like atmosphere and its commitment to providing a quality education. The school has a strong focus on academic excellence and encourages students to reach their full potential. Leeds Elementary School also offers a variety of extracurricular activities and programs, including sports teams, clubs, and after-school programs. The school has a dedicated staff that works hard to ensure that all students have the best possible educational experience. Leeds Elementary School is a great place for kids to learn, grow, and make lifelong friends.

Address:

950 Ashville Road
Leeds, AL 35094

Phone:

(205) 699-4500

Site:

Grades:

1 – 5

Enrollment:

437 students

Overview Leeds Elementary School

Leeds Elementary School serves 437 students in grades 1-5.
Leeds Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Alabama for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 33% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 24%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 49% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 46%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 20:1 is higher than the Alabama state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 40% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Alabama state average of 47% (majority Black).

Verdict on Leeds Elementary School

Leeds Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,276 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Leeds Elementary School is 0.57, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Leading Edge Academy Gilbert Elementary School

Leading Edge Academy Gilbert Elementary School

Redfield Elementary School

Redfield Elementary School

S.c. Tucker Elementary School

S.c. Tucker Elementary School

Providence Elementary School