Madison Elementary School

8 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Madison Elementary School

Madison Elementary School is a public school located in the heart of downtown. We have been serving the community for over 50 years and are proud to be a part of the local education system. Our school is dedicated to providing a safe and nurturing learning environment for our students. We strive to provide a high quality education that is tailored to each student’s individual needs and goals.
At Madison Elementary, we believe that all students should have the opportunity to reach their full potential. We offer a wide variety of academic programs to ensure that all students receive the best education possible. Our curriculum is designed to challenge and engage students of all ages and abilities. We also offer extracurricular activities such as sports, clubs, and after-school programs.
At Madison Elementary, we value the importance of community involvement. We work closely with parents, teachers, and local organizations to ensure that our students have the best possible learning experience. We also strive to foster a sense of belonging and pride in our school community.
At Madison Elementary, we are committed to providing our students with a top-notch education. We strive to create an environment that is conducive to learning and growth. We are proud to be part of the local education system and are committed to providing our students with the best possible education.

Address:

17 College St
Madison, AL 35758

Phone:

(256) 772-9255

Site:

mes.madisoncity.k12.al.us

Grades:

PreK – 5

Enrollment:

507 students

Overview Madison Elementary School

Madison Elementary School serves 507 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Madison Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Alabama for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 53% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 24%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 72% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 46%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is lower than the Alabama state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 45% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Alabama state average of 47% (majority Black).

Verdict on Madison Elementary School

Madison Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,276 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Madison Elementary School is 0.64, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Scottsdale Country Day School

Colusa Alternative Home

Colusa Alternative Home

Oxford Day Academy

Mabelvale Middle School