Margaret Yarbrough Elementary School

8 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Margaret Yarbrough Elementary School

Margaret Yarbrough Elementary School is a public school located in the heart of a diverse community in Texas. It is a part of the Dallas Independent School District and serves students from Pre-Kindergarten through 5th grade. The school is committed to providing a safe and nurturing learning environment where students can reach their highest potential. At Margaret Yarbrough Elementary School, students are encouraged to explore and expand their knowledge through a variety of engaging activities. The school offers a wide range of extracurricular activities such as music, art, and physical education. In addition, the school has a strong focus on technology, and students have access to the latest technology in the classroom. The school also has a strong focus on character development and encourages students to be responsible, respectful, and caring citizens. The faculty and staff work hard to create a positive learning atmosphere and strive to ensure that all students have the opportunity to succeed. Margaret Yarbrough Elementary School is a great place for students to learn and grow. With its commitment to providing a quality education and its focus on character development, it is an excellent choice for any family looking for a school that will help their children reach their full potential.

Address:

1555 N Donahue Dr
Auburn, AL 36830

Phone:

(334) 887-1970

Site:

www.auburnschools.org

Grades:

4 – 5

Enrollment:

484 students

Overview Margaret Yarbrough Elementary School

Margaret Yarbrough Elementary School serves 484 students in grades 4-5.
Margaret Yarbrough Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Alabama for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 56% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 24%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 74% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 46%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 22:1 is higher than the Alabama state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 49% of the student body (majority Black), which is higher than the Alabama state average of 47% (majority Black).

Verdict on Margaret Yarbrough Elementary School

Margaret Yarbrough Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,276 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Margaret Yarbrough Elementary School is 0.65, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Frances Nungester Elementary School

Izard County Consolidated Middle School

Izard County Consolidated Middle School

Laurel Tree Charter

Lake Hamilton Junior High School