New Century Technology High School

8 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About New Century Technology High School

New Century Technology High School is an innovative, forward-thinking school located in the heart of the city. It is a public school, but it offers an educational experience unlike any other. The school has a unique approach to learning that focuses on developing students’ skills in the areas of technology, engineering, and entrepreneurship.
At New Century Technology High School, students have access to state-of-the-art technology, such as 3D printers and robotics labs. They also have the opportunity to participate in innovative projects and competitions, such as the annual robotics competition and the 3D printing challenge.
The school’s curriculum is designed to help students develop the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in the 21st century. In addition to traditional classes, students can take courses in coding, web design, and engineering, as well as participate in internships and other experiential learning opportunities.
New Century Technology High School provides an environment where students can explore their interests and develop their skills. The faculty is knowledgeable and dedicated to helping students reach their full potential. With its innovative approach to learning, New Century Technology High School is a great choice for any student looking to gain valuable skills and knowledge in the fields of technology, engineering, and entrepreneurship.

Address:

2500 Meridian Street Nw
Huntsville, AL 35811

Phone:

(256) 428-7800

Site:

www.usnews.com

Grades:

9 – 12

Enrollment:

477 students

Overview New Century Technology High School

New Century Technology High School serves 477 students in grades 9-12.
New Century Technology High School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Alabama for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 45-49% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 24%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 60-64% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 46%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is equal to the Alabama state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 56% of the student body (majority Black), which is higher than the Alabama state average of 47% (majority Black).

Verdict on New Century Technology High School

New Century Technology High School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,276 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of New Century Technology High School is 0.68, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Jim Thorpe Fundamental

Jim Thorpe Fundamental

Chapman Elementary School

Woodville Elementary School

Valentine Peyton Elementary School

Valentine Peyton Elementary School