Northridge High School

8 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Northridge High School

Northridge High School is a public high school located in Layton, Utah. It is part of the Davis School District and serves students in grades 9-12. Northridge High School has a long history of excellence in academics, athletics, and activities. The school strives to create an environment where students can learn, grow, and develop into successful adults.
Northridge High School offers a variety of courses and programs for students to choose from. The school has a strong emphasis on college-prep courses and provides students with the opportunity to take Advanced Placement (AP) classes to prepare for college. The school also offers a variety of extracurricular activities, including athletics, clubs, and organizations.
Northridge High School is also committed to providing a safe and supportive learning environment for all students. The school has a variety of resources and programs in place to help students succeed, including a dedicated counseling staff and a variety of support services.
Northridge High School is a great place for students to learn, grow, and develop into successful adults. The school offers a variety of courses and programs, a strong emphasis on college-prep courses, and a safe and supportive environment.

Address:

2901 Northridge Rd
Tuscaloosa, AL 35406

Phone:

(205) 759-3590

Site:

www.tuscaloosacityschools.com

Grades:

9 – 12

Enrollment:

1,133 students

Overview Northridge High School

Northridge High School serves 1,133 students in grades 9-12.
Northridge High School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Alabama for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 40% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 24%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 42% (which is lower than the Alabama state average of 46%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is higher than the Alabama state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 45% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Alabama state average of 47% (majority Black).

Verdict on Northridge High School

Northridge High School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,276 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Northridge High School is 0.57, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Keyes Elementary School

Delhi Middle School

Desert View Elementary Intermediate

Woodlake High School

Woodlake High School