Piedmont Elementary School

8 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Piedmont Elementary School

Piedmont Elementary School is an excellent school located in the heart of the Piedmont area. It is a public school that serves students in grades Pre-K through 5th. The school has a long history of providing quality education to its students, and it has a strong sense of community.
The school offers a variety of programs and activities for its students. It has a variety of academic programs, including reading, math, science, and social studies. The school also has a wide range of extracurricular activities, such as art, music, and physical education.
Piedmont Elementary School has a dedicated staff that is committed to helping all students reach their full potential. The teachers and staff are passionate about their work and strive to create an environment where students can learn and grow.
The school also has a strong sense of community, and it is a great place for families to come together. Parents are encouraged to be involved in their child’s education, and the school offers a variety of events and activities for parents and students to participate in.
Overall, Piedmont Elementary School is an excellent school that provides quality education and a supportive community for its students.

Address:

504 Hood St West
Piedmont, AL 36272

Phone:

(256) 447-7483

Site:

www.piedmontelementary.org

Grades:

PreK – 5

Enrollment:

527 students

Overview Piedmont Elementary School

Piedmont Elementary School serves 527 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Piedmont Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Alabama for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 50% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 24%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 66% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 46%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is lower than the Alabama state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 20% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Alabama state average of 47% (majority Black).

Verdict on Piedmont Elementary School

Piedmont Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,276 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Piedmont Elementary School is 0.35, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Credence High School

Credence High School

Monrovia Elementary School

Scottsdale Online Learning

Garden Lakes Elementary School

Garden Lakes Elementary School