Riverchase Elementary School

8 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Riverchase Elementary School

Riverchase Elementary School is an award-winning school located in Hoover, Alabama. The school has a long history of excellence in academics, the arts, and athletics. Riverchase Elementary is committed to providing a safe and nurturing environment for all students. The school has an experienced and dedicated staff who strive to create an environment that promotes learning and encourages students to reach their full potential.
Riverchase Elementary offers a variety of educational programs, including a gifted and talented program, a visual and performing arts program, and a wide range of extracurricular activities. The school also provides a variety of support services, including counseling, tutoring, and special education.
Riverchase Elementary has a strong commitment to community involvement. The school has a strong partnership with local businesses and organizations to provide educational opportunities for students and families. The school also hosts a variety of events throughout the year, including family nights, open houses, and community service projects.
Riverchase Elementary is a great school that provides a quality education for all students. The school is dedicated to creating an environment of excellence and helping students reach their full potential.

Address:

1950 Old Montgomery Highway
Birmingham, AL 35244

Phone:

(205) 439-3400

Site:

www.hoovercityschools.net

Grades:

PreK – 5

Enrollment:

667 students

Overview Riverchase Elementary School

Riverchase Elementary School serves 667 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Riverchase Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Alabama for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 57% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 24%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 71% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 46%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is lower than the Alabama state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 51% of the student body (majority Black and Asian), which is higher than the Alabama state average of 47% (majority Black).

Verdict on Riverchase Elementary School

Riverchase Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,276 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Riverchase Elementary School is 0.68, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

East Smiths Station Elementary School

Angel’s Gate (Continuation) Elementary School

Angel’s Gate (Continuation) Elementary School

Rison High School

Scc Virtual Preparatory Academy