Saraland High School

8 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Saraland High School

Saraland High School is a public school located in Saraland, Alabama. It is part of the Saraland City School System and serves students in grades nine through twelve. The school offers a comprehensive curriculum that includes core academic classes, electives, and advanced placement courses. Saraland High School also provides a variety of extracurricular activities, including athletics, performing arts, and clubs. The school is committed to providing a safe, supportive, and enriching learning environment for all students. Saraland High School is proud of its strong academic standards and its commitment to helping students reach their highest potential.

Address:

1115 Industrial Parkway
Saraland, AL 36571

Phone:

(251) 602-8970

Site:

www.shspartans.com

Grades:

9 – 12

Enrollment:

1,058 students

Overview Saraland High School

Saraland High School serves 1,058 students in grades 9-12.
Saraland High School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Alabama for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 34% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 24%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 48% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 46%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is equal to the Alabama state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 28% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Alabama state average of 47% (majority Black).

Verdict on Saraland High School

Saraland High School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,276 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Saraland High School is 0.45, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

J E Hobbs Elementary School

Linda Esperanza Marquez High A Hntngtn Park Institutional Of Appl Med

Barbour County High School

Skyline Prep High School

Skyline Prep High School