Shades Mountain Elementary School

8 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Shades Mountain Elementary School

Shades Mountain Elementary School is a unique and vibrant school located in the heart of Hoover, Alabama. This school is part of the Hoover City School System and serves students in grades K-5. The school has a diverse student population and a dedicated staff of teachers and administrators who are committed to providing a quality education for all students.
At Shades Mountain Elementary School, students have access to a wide range of educational opportunities. The school offers a variety of academic programs and extracurricular activities. These include a variety of art, music, and physical education classes as well as clubs and organizations for students to participate in. The school also provides a variety of technology resources, including computers and tablets, to help students stay connected and engaged in their learning.
Shades Mountain Elementary School is committed to creating a safe and supportive learning environment for all students. The school has a strong anti-bullying policy and provides a variety of counseling services for students who may be struggling with social or emotional issues. Additionally, the school works closely with families to ensure that all students have access to the resources they need to succeed.
Shades Mountain Elementary School is a wonderful place for students to learn and grow. The school’s commitment to excellence and its dedication to providing a quality education for all students make it an ideal place for students to thrive.

Address:

2250 Sumpter St
Birmingham, AL 35226

Phone:

(205) 439-3100

Site:

www.hoovercityschools.net

Grades:

PreK – 5

Enrollment:

303 students

Overview Shades Mountain Elementary School

Shades Mountain Elementary School serves 303 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Shades Mountain Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Alabama for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 45-49% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 24%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 60-64% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 46%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is lower than the Alabama state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 43% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Alabama state average of 47% (majority Black).

Verdict on Shades Mountain Elementary School

Shades Mountain Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,276 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Shades Mountain Elementary School is 0.63, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Hl Sonny Callahan School For The Deaf And Blind

Mineral King Elementary School

Mineral King Elementary School

West Blocton Elementary School

Atkins High School