Vernon Elementary School

16 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Vernon Elementary School

Vernon Elementary School is a public school located in the heart of Vernon, California. It is a K-6 school with a diverse student body and a commitment to excellence. The school is dedicated to providing a safe and supportive learning environment for all students, and strives to equip them with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in life. Vernon Elementary School offers a variety of academic and extracurricular activities to help students reach their full potential. The school has a strong focus on literacy and mathematics, and provides a variety of enrichment activities to supplement the core curriculum. The staff is committed to providing a quality education for all students, regardless of their background or abilities. Vernon Elementary School also places a strong emphasis on community involvement. The school participates in a variety of activities, including service projects, fundraisers, and field trips. The school also has an active parent-teacher organization that works to support the school and promote student success. Vernon Elementary School is a great place for students to learn, grow, and thrive. With its commitment to excellence and dedication to student success, Vernon Elementary School is an excellent choice for families looking for a quality education for their children.

Address:

9700 Hwy 18 W
Vernon, AL 35592

Phone:

(205) 695-9728

Site:

Grades:

PreK – 3

Enrollment:

291 students

Overview Vernon Elementary School

Vernon Elementary School serves 291 students in grades Prekindergarten-3.
Vernon Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Alabama for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 40-44% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 24%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 45-49% (which is approximately equal to the Alabama state average of 46%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is lower than the Alabama state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 14% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Alabama state average of 47% (majority Black).

Verdict on Vernon Elementary School

Vernon Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,276 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Vernon Elementary School is 0.25, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Blytheville Middle School

Blytheville Middle School

Washington Middle School

Costanoa Continuation High School

Costanoa Continuation High School

Douglas Elementary School