Walker Elementary School

8 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Walker Elementary School

Walker Elementary School is a public school located in the heart of a small town in the Midwest. It is a K-5 school with a student body of approximately 400 students. Walker Elementary School is known for its strong academic program and its commitment to providing a safe and nurturing environment for its students. The school offers a variety of activities and programs to help students reach their full potential. The school has a dedicated staff that works hard to ensure that all students have the best educational experience possible. The school also offers a wide range of extracurricular activities including sports, music, and art. Walker Elementary School is dedicated to helping its students develop into well-rounded individuals who are prepared for success in the future.

Address:

13051 Northside Rd
Northport, AL 35475

Phone:

(205) 342-2664

Site:

www.tcss.net

Grades:

PreK – 5

Enrollment:

704 students

Overview Walker Elementary School

Walker Elementary School serves 704 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Walker Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Alabama for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 49% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 24%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 63% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 46%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is equal to the Alabama state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Alabama state average of 47% (majority Black).

Verdict on Walker Elementary School

Walker Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,276 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Walker Elementary School is 0.15, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Patriot High School

Kodiak Middle School

Herman Leimbach Elementary School

Herman Leimbach Elementary School

Liberty Park Elementary School

Liberty Park Elementary School