Walter Jackson Elementary School

8 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Walter Jackson Elementary School

Walter Jackson Elementary School is a public school located in the heart of the city of Atlanta, Georgia. It serves students in grades Pre-K through 5th grade. The school is known for its dedication to providing a quality education to its students and for its commitment to creating a safe and nurturing environment for all.
At Walter Jackson Elementary School, students are encouraged to explore their passions and interests. The school offers a wide range of academic and extracurricular activities, including art, music, and physical education. The school also offers a variety of clubs and organizations, such as the student council, chess club, and robotics club.
Walter Jackson Elementary School is committed to providing a safe learning environment for its students. The school works closely with the Atlanta Police Department to ensure the safety of its students and staff. The school also offers a variety of programs, such as the School Resource Officer Program, which provides students with a safe, secure, and supportive learning environment.
Walter Jackson Elementary School is dedicated to providing its students with a high-quality education. The school offers a variety of programs and services, such as small group instruction, individualized instruction, and special education services. The school also provides a strong focus on technology, offering students access to the latest educational tools and resources.
Walter Jackson Elementary School is a great place for students to learn and grow. The school is committed to providing its students with a quality education and a safe and nurturing environment.

Address:

1950 Park St Se
Decatur, AL 35601

Phone:

(256) 552-3031

Site:

wje.dcs.edu

Grades:

K – 5

Enrollment:

265 students

Overview Walter Jackson Elementary School

Walter Jackson Elementary School serves 265 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Walter Jackson Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Alabama for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 45-49% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 24%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 60-64% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 46%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is lower than the Alabama state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 44% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Alabama state average of 47% (majority Black).

Verdict on Walter Jackson Elementary School

Walter Jackson Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,276 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Walter Jackson Elementary School is 0.63, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Camp Mohave Elementary School

Credence High School

Credence High School

Valley View High School

Southwood Elementary School