West Point Elementary School

8 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About West Point Elementary School

West Point Elementary School is a public school located in West Point, Virginia. It is part of the West Point Public Schools district and serves students in kindergarten through fifth grade. The school has a long history of providing a quality education to its students.
West Point Elementary School has a strong academic program that is designed to help students achieve their highest potential. The school offers a wide range of academic courses and extracurricular activities to meet the needs of all students. The school also has an active parent-teacher organization that works to ensure the success of each student.
The school also offers a variety of extracurricular activities to help students explore their interests and develop new skills. From sports teams to robotics clubs and music classes, there is something for everyone at West Point Elementary School.
The school also has a strong sense of community and values. The school is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all students, and the school staff works hard to ensure that every student feels respected and valued.
West Point Elementary School is a great place for students to learn and grow. With its strong academic program, extracurricular activities, and commitment to community, West Point Elementary School is a great place for students to learn and thrive.

Address:

4300 County Road 1141
Cullman, AL 35057

Phone:

(256) 775-6178

Site:

wpe.ccboe.org

Grades:

PreK – 3

Enrollment:

505 students

Overview West Point Elementary School

West Point Elementary School serves 505 students in grades Prekindergarten-3.
West Point Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Alabama for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 35-39% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 24%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 45-49% (which is approximately equal to the Alabama state average of 46%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is lower than the Alabama state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 11% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Alabama state average of 47% (majority Black).

Verdict on West Point Elementary School

West Point Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,276 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of West Point Elementary School is 0.20, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Allen At Steinbeck

Granite Bay High School

Granite Bay High School

George S. Patton Continuation Elementary School

San Pasqual High School