Birchwood Abc Elementary School

8 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Birchwood Abc Elementary School

Birchwood ABC Elementary School is a great place for children to learn and grow. Located in a quiet suburban neighborhood, the school provides a safe and supportive environment for students. The school has a strong emphasis on academics, with a variety of classes and activities to help students excel. The teachers and staff are dedicated to providing an excellent education for every student.
The school offers a wide range of activities, such as sports, music, art, and more. These activities are designed to help students develop their skills and interests. The school also has a strong focus on community service and volunteerism, with students encouraged to participate in local and global causes.
Birchwood ABC Elementary School is an excellent choice for parents looking to provide their children with a quality education. The school is dedicated to providing a safe and supportive learning environment for students, and has a strong commitment to academic excellence.

Address:

17010 Birchtree St
Chugiak, AK 99567

Phone:

(907) 742-3450

Site:

birchwoodabc.asdk12.org/

Grades:

PreK – 6

Enrollment:

241 students

Overview Birchwood Abc Elementary School

Birchwood Abc Elementary School serves 241 students in grades Prekindergarten-6.
Birchwood Abc Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Alaska for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 55-59% (which is higher than the Alaska state average of 36%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 55-59% (which is higher than the Alaska state average of 44%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is lower than the Alaska state level of 13:1.
Minority enrollment is 39% of the student body (majority Hispanic and American Indian), which is lower than the Alaska state average of 53% (majority American Indian).

Verdict on Birchwood Abc Elementary School

Birchwood Abc Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 443 schools in Alaska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Birchwood Abc Elementary School is 0.59, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.71. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

San Pasqual Valley Elementary School

San Pasqual Valley Elementary School

Blue Oak Charter

Joseph A. Gascon Elementary School

Clarendon Elementary School