Ravenwood Elementary School

8 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Ravenwood Elementary School

Ravenwood Elementary School is a public school located in a quiet residential area of Fairfax County, Virginia. It is a K-5 school with a diverse student population of over 700 students. The school has a strong commitment to academic excellence, and strives to provide a safe and nurturing learning environment for all students.
Ravenwood Elementary School offers an extensive curriculum that focuses on the development of skills in the areas of reading, writing, math, science, and social studies. The school also provides a wide range of extracurricular activities, such as art, music, physical education, and technology. Ravenwood Elementary School has a strong commitment to the community and is proud to partner with local organizations to provide additional resources for students and families.
Ravenwood Elementary School also offers a variety of parent and family engagement activities, such as family nights, parent-teacher conferences, and special events. The school also has a strong commitment to service learning, and encourages students to become involved in their community through volunteer activities.
Ravenwood Elementary School is a great place for students to learn, grow, and develop in an environment that is both safe and nurturing. The school is committed to providing a quality education for all students and strives to create a positive learning environment for everyone.

Address:

9500 Wren Ln
Eagle River, AK 99577

Phone:

(907) 742-3250

Site:

ravenwood.asdk12.org/

Grades:

PreK – 6

Enrollment:

374 students

Overview Ravenwood Elementary School

Ravenwood Elementary School serves 374 students in grades Prekindergarten-6.
Ravenwood Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Alaska for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 55-59% (which is higher than the Alaska state average of 36%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 55-59% (which is higher than the Alaska state average of 44%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is equal to the Alaska state level of 13:1.
Minority enrollment is 27% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Alaska state average of 53% (majority American Indian).

Verdict on Ravenwood Elementary School

Ravenwood Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 443 schools in Alaska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Ravenwood Elementary School is 0.44, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.71. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Emerson Elementary School

Moulton Middle School

Greystone Elementary School

Academy Of Math And Science Avondale

Academy Of Math And Science Avondale