Basha High School

9 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Basha High School

Basha High School is a public high school located in Chandler, Arizona. Founded in 2004, it is part of the Chandler Unified School District and serves students in grades 9-12. The school is named after its first principal, Dr. Robert Basha, who was instrumental in its development.
At Basha High School, students are encouraged to excel academically and to develop their unique talents and interests. The school offers a wide range of courses, including advanced placement and honors classes. It also provides a variety of extracurricular activities, including athletics, clubs, and other student organizations.
Basha High School strives to create a safe, supportive, and respectful environment for all students. It is committed to providing a quality education that prepares students for college and career success. The school also emphasizes the importance of community service and encourages students to become involved in their local community.
Basha High School is a great place for students to learn, grow, and develop. With its dedicated staff, rigorous academic programs, and wide range of activities, it is sure to provide students with the tools they need to succeed.

Address:

5990 S Val Vista Dr
Chandler, AZ 85249

Phone:

(480) 224-2100

Site:

cusd80.com

Grades:

6-12

Enrollment:

2,604 students

Overview Basha High School

Basha High School serves 2,604 students in grades 6-12.
Basha High School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Arizona for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 61% (which is higher than the Arizona state average of 32%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 61% (which is higher than the Arizona state average of 39%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 22:1 is higher than the Arizona state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 35% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Arizona state average of 64% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Basha High School

Basha High School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,854 schools in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Basha High School is 0.54, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.65. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Rose Avenue Elementary School

Rose Avenue Elementary School

Crow Village Sam School

Crow Village Sam School

M. H. Stanley Middle School

Rio Seco Elementary School

Rio Seco Elementary School