Capps Elementary School

9 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Capps Elementary School

Capps Elementary School is a public school located in the heart of the city of San Antonio, Texas. It is part of the San Antonio Independent School District and serves students in grades Pre-K through 5th. The school has a strong academic focus and is committed to providing a quality education to all students. Capps Elementary School has a diverse student body and offers a variety of programs and activities to meet the needs of all its students.
The school offers a comprehensive curriculum including language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, physical education, and art. In addition, Capps Elementary School offers a variety of extracurricular activities such as student council, choir, orchestra, and sports teams. The school also provides a variety of enrichment programs such as after-school tutoring, field trips, and special events.
Capps Elementary School has a strong commitment to the community and strives to create a safe and supportive environment for all students. The school is committed to helping students reach their full potential and encourages parents to become involved in their child’s education. Capps Elementary School is dedicated to providing a quality education for all students and is a great place for students to grow and learn.

Address:

3375 Buckskin Canyon Rd
Heber, AZ 85928

Phone:

(928) 535-4622

Site:

heberovergaardschools.org

Grades:

4-6

Enrollment:

104 students

Overview Capps Elementary School

Capps Elementary School serves 104 students in grades 4-6.
Capps Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Arizona for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 60-64% (which is higher than the Arizona state average of 32%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 50-54% (which is higher than the Arizona state average of 39%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is lower than the Arizona state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 22% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Arizona state average of 64% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Capps Elementary School

Capps Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,854 schools in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Capps Elementary School is 0.37, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.65. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Roberts Ferry Charter School Academy

Orange County Workforce Innovation High School

Orange County Workforce Innovation High School

Ruth Barker Middle School

Coliseum College Prep Academy