Cocopah Middle School

9 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Cocopah Middle School

Cocopah Middle School is located in Scottsdale, Arizona and is part of the Scottsdale Unified School District. This school serves students in grades 6-8. Cocopah Middle School has a strong focus on academic excellence and provides a variety of educational opportunities for its students. The school offers a wide range of extracurricular activities, including sports, clubs, and other activities that help students explore their interests. The school also offers a number of opportunities for its students to get involved in their community, such as volunteering and participating in local events. Cocopah Middle School is dedicated to providing a safe and supportive learning environment for its students and works to ensure that every student has the opportunity to reach their full potential.

Address:

6615 E Cholla St
Scottsdale, AZ 85254

Phone:

(480) 484-4400

Site:

susd.org

Grades:

6-8

Enrollment:

818 students

Overview Cocopah Middle School

Cocopah Middle School serves 818 students in grades 6-8.
Cocopah Middle School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Arizona for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 63% (which is higher than the Arizona state average of 32%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 63% (which is higher than the Arizona state average of 39%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is higher than the Arizona state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 19% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Arizona state average of 64% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Cocopah Middle School

Cocopah Middle School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,854 schools in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Cocopah Middle School is 0.34, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.65. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

The Farm At Mission Montessori Academy

The Farm At Mission Montessori Academy

Great Hearts Academies – Archway North Phoenix

San Jacinto Valley Academy

San Jacinto Valley Academy

Mineral Springs Elementary School

Mineral Springs Elementary School