Thatcher Elementary School

Thatcher Elementary School

9 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Thatcher Elementary School

Thatcher Elementary School is a public school located in the heart of the city of Thatcher. It is a K-5 school that serves over 500 students from the community. The school has a strong focus on academic excellence and provides a wide variety of educational opportunities for its students.
The school has a dedicated staff of teachers, administrators, and support staff that work hard to ensure that students are provided with the best education possible. The school also has a robust extracurricular program that offers students a variety of activities and clubs to participate in.
At Thatcher Elementary School, we strive to create an environment that is supportive, engaging, and encourages students to reach their full potential. We believe in the importance of creating a safe and nurturing learning environment for our students. We are proud of the strong sense of community that exists at our school and strive to create an environment where all students feel respected and valued.

Address:

1350 4th Avenue
Thatcher, AZ 85552

Phone:

(928) 348-7250

Site:

thatcherud.org

Grades:

3-6

Enrollment:

548 students

Overview Thatcher Elementary School

Thatcher Elementary School serves 548 students in grades 3-6.
Thatcher Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Arizona for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 52% (which is higher than the Arizona state average of 32%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 46% (which is higher than the Arizona state average of 39%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 20:1 is higher than the Arizona state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 29% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Arizona state average of 64% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Thatcher Elementary School

Thatcher Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,854 schools in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Thatcher Elementary School is 0.44, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.65. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Coliseum College Prep Academy

Oliver Springs Elementary School

Oliver Springs Elementary School

Great Hearts Academies – Trivium Prep

Craig High School