Andrew Carnegie Middle School

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Andrew Carnegie Middle School

Andrew Carnegie Middle School is a public school in the city of Los Angeles, California. It is part of the Los Angeles Unified School District and serves students in grades 6-8. The school is named after the famous industrialist and philanthropist Andrew Carnegie.
Andrew Carnegie Middle School offers a comprehensive academic curriculum for its students. The school has a diverse student body, with a variety of backgrounds and cultures represented. The school offers a wide range of extracurricular activities, including sports, clubs, and academic competitions.
The school has a strong focus on preparing students for college and career readiness. It has a dedicated staff of teachers and administrators who are committed to helping each student reach their full potential. The school also has a strong commitment to community service and providing students with the opportunity to give back to their local community.
Andrew Carnegie Middle School is an excellent place for students to learn and grow. The school provides a safe and supportive learning environment for its students and is dedicated to helping them reach their academic and personal goals.

Address:

5820 Illinois Ave.
Orangevale, CA 95662

Phone:

(916) 971-7853

Site:

sanjuan.edu

Grades:

6 – 8

Enrollment:

922 students

Overview Andrew Carnegie Middle School

Andrew Carnegie Middle School serves 922 students in grades 6-8.
Andrew Carnegie Middle School placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year. The student:teacher ratio of 24:1 is higher than the California state level of 22:1. Minority enrollment is 36% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Andrew Carnegie Middle School

Andrew Carnegie Middle School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Andrew Carnegie Middle School is 0.54, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Painted Sky Elementary School

Lyeffion Junior High School

Lyeffion Junior High School

Safford Middle School

Safford Middle School

Dixon High School