Audubon K-8

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Audubon K-8

Audubon K-8 is an innovative, diverse, and welcoming school located in the heart of Portland, Oregon. Since its founding in 1986, Audubon has been committed to providing a rigorous and engaging educational experience for all of its students.
At Audubon, students are encouraged to explore their passions and develop their talents. The school offers a variety of extracurricular activities, such as sports, music, and service-learning, as well as a strong academic program. Audubon also provides a safe and supportive environment for students, with a focus on collaboration, problem-solving, and critical thinking.
Audubon is committed to providing a quality education for all students, regardless of their background or ability. The school has a diverse population, with students from all walks of life. In addition, Audubon is dedicated to environmental stewardship, and its students are encouraged to explore and protect the natural world around them.
Audubon K-8 is a vibrant and welcoming school that provides a unique and enriching educational experience for all of its students.

Address:

8111 San Vicente
San Diego, CA 92114

Phone:

(619) 344-5800

Site:

sandiegounified.org

Grades:

K – 8

Enrollment:

442 students

Overview Audubon K-8

Audubon K-8 serves 442 students in grades Kindergarten-8.
Audubon K-8 placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year. The student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is lower than the California state level of 22:1. Minority enrollment is 96% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Audubon K-8

Audubon K-8 is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Audubon K-8 is 0.47, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Harvest Elementary School

Wesley Gaines

Alabama Connections Academy

Cutter-morning Star High School