Benjamin F. Beswick Elementary School

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Benjamin F. Beswick Elementary School

Benjamin F. Beswick Elementary School is a public school located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles. This school is part of the Los Angeles Unified School District and serves students in grades K-5. The school has a rich history of providing an excellent education to its students and is known for its commitment to academic excellence and creating a safe, nurturing learning environment. The school offers a variety of programs and activities to its students, including a robust arts and music program, an after-school program, and a variety of extracurricular activities. The school also has a strong focus on character education and provides students with the tools they need to develop good decision-making skills. Benjamin F. Beswick Elementary School is committed to helping its students reach their full potential and become successful members of society.

Address:

1362 Mitchell Ave.
Tustin, CA 92780

Phone:

(714) 730-7385

Site:

tustin.k12.ca.us

Grades:

K – 5

Enrollment:

432 students

Overview Benjamin F. Beswick Elementary School

Benjamin F. Beswick Elementary School serves 432 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Benjamin F. Beswick Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year. The student:teacher ratio of 25:1 is higher than the California state level of 22:1. Minority enrollment is 97% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Benjamin F. Beswick Elementary School

Benjamin F. Beswick Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Benjamin F. Beswick Elementary School is 0.26, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Sierra Vista Junior High School

Keystone Montessori Charter School

Keystone Montessori Charter School

University Place Elementary School

Ider School