Columbus Tustin Middle School

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Columbus Tustin Middle School

Columbus Tustin Middle School is a public school located in Tustin, California. It is part of the Tustin Unified School District and serves students in grades 6-8. The school is known for its high academic standards, its diverse student body, and its commitment to providing a quality education to all students.
The school offers a variety of academic opportunities, including Advanced Placement and honors courses, as well as special education services. In addition, Columbus Tustin Middle School has a robust extracurricular program that includes a wide range of clubs and activities. Students can get involved in the school’s student government, the robotics team, and the drama club, among other groups.
The school also offers a variety of athletic programs, including football, basketball, soccer, and volleyball. There are also a number of other sports teams, such as swimming, track and field, and cross country.
Columbus Tustin Middle School is a great place for students to learn, grow, and make lifelong friendships. With its commitment to academic excellence and its diverse student body, it is an excellent choice for students in the Tustin area.

Address:

17952 Beneta Way
Tustin, CA 92780

Phone:

(714) 730-7352

Site:

tustin.k12.ca.us

Grades:

6 – 8

Enrollment:

694 students

Overview Columbus Tustin Middle School

Columbus Tustin Middle School serves 694 students in grades 6-8.
Columbus Tustin Middle School placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year. The student:teacher ratio of 25:1 is higher than the California state level of 22:1. Minority enrollment is 92% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Columbus Tustin Middle School

Columbus Tustin Middle School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Columbus Tustin Middle School is 0.35, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Yolo County Special Education

Happy Valley School East Campus

Happy Valley School East Campus

Rainbow Elementary School

Marshall Elementary School

Marshall Elementary School