Creative Performing And Media Arts

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Creative Performing And Media Arts

Creative Performing and Media Arts (CPMA) is an interdisciplinary field of study that combines creative expression, critical thinking, and media production. It provides students with an opportunity to explore the creative process through a variety of mediums, such as theatre, film, television, radio, video, and digital media. CPMA programs are designed to teach students the fundamentals of creating and producing original works of art, while also providing them with the skills necessary to be successful in a variety of media-related careers.
CPMA students are encouraged to develop their own unique style of expression and to explore the relationship between art and technology. Through courses in acting, directing, writing, design, and production, students learn how to create original works of art. They also gain the skills needed to bring these works to life, from pre-production to post-production.
CPMA programs often provide students with the opportunity to collaborate with professionals in the field, giving them practical experience in the industry. Students also have access to internships and other work opportunities, allowing them to gain hands-on experience and build their portfolios.
CPMA is an excellent choice for those interested in pursuing a career in the creative arts. It provides students with the skills and knowledge necessary to be successful in the field, while also allowing them to explore their own creative potential.

Address:

5050 Conrad Ave.
San Diego, CA 92117

Phone:

(858) 800-5550

Site:

sandiegounified.org

Grades:

6 – 8

Enrollment:

825 students

Overview Creative Performing And Media Arts

Creative Performing And Media Arts serves 825 students in grades 6-8.
Creative Performing And Media Arts placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year. The student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is lower than the California state level of 22:1. Minority enrollment is 89% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Creative Performing And Media Arts

Creative Performing And Media Arts is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Creative Performing And Media Arts is 0.59, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Copper Creek Elementary School

Adventure School

Paideia Virtual Academy

Dysart High School

Dysart High School