Emma C. Smith Elementary School

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Emma C. Smith Elementary School

Emma C. Smith Elementary School is a public school located in the heart of a vibrant, diverse community in New York City. The school is dedicated to providing a safe, nurturing learning environment for students in grades K-5. Our goal is to create a school culture that encourages academic excellence, social responsibility, and respect for diversity. At Emma C. Smith Elementary School, we strive to provide an engaging and challenging learning experience for our students. We offer a comprehensive curriculum that includes core subjects such as language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies. We also offer a variety of enrichment activities, including music, art, physical education, and technology. Our teachers and staff are committed to helping our students reach their full potential. We provide a variety of support services, including academic assistance, social-emotional learning, and family engagement. We also have a strong focus on character development, with a focus on developing positive attitudes, strong work ethics, and respect for diversity. At Emma C. Smith Elementary School, we believe that every student has the potential to succeed. We strive to provide a safe, supportive learning environment where all children can reach their highest potential.

Address:

391 Ontario Dr.
Livermore, CA 94550

Phone:

(925) 606-4750

Site:

livermoreschools.org

Grades:

K – 5

Enrollment:

666 students

Overview Emma C. Smith Elementary School

Emma C. Smith Elementary School serves 666 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Emma C. Smith Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 66% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 74% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 26:1 is higher than the California state level of 22:1.
Minority enrollment is 53% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Asian), which is lower than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Emma C. Smith Elementary School

Emma C. Smith Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Emma C. Smith Elementary School is 0.68, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Apollo High School

Wellborn High School

Alpena Elementary School

Abrams Elementary School