Feather River Academy

Feather River Academy

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Feather River Academy

Feather River Academy is a private school located in the heart of California’s Sierra Nevada foothills. Founded in 1991, Feather River Academy is a college preparatory school for students in grades 6-12. The school offers a rigorous academic program, with a focus on college preparation and critical thinking.
At Feather River Academy, students are encouraged to explore their interests through a wide variety of electives and extracurricular activities. The school’s faculty and staff are dedicated to helping students reach their academic and personal goals. The school also offers a variety of sports and clubs, including soccer, basketball, and drama.
Feather River Academy has a commitment to creating a safe and supportive learning environment. The school has a strict code of conduct and a zero-tolerance policy for bullying. The school also provides counseling and support services to help students succeed.
Feather River Academy is a place where students can explore their passions and develop their skills. With a strong academic program and a commitment to creating a safe and supportive environment, Feather River Academy is a great place for students to learn and grow.

Address:

1895 Lassen Blvd.
Yuba City, CA 95993

Phone:

(530) 822-2400

Site:

sutter.k12.ca.us

Grades:

7 – 12

Enrollment:

49 students

Overview Feather River Academy

Feather River Academy serves 49 students in grades 7-12.
Feather River Academy placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year. The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is lower than the California state level of 22:1. Minority enrollment is 65% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Feather River Academy

Feather River Academy is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Feather River Academy is 0.58, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Nome-beltz Middle/high

Eastwood Elementary School

Dr. Gary And Annette Auxier Elementary School

Hermitage Elementary School

Hermitage Elementary School