Florence Elementary School

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Florence Elementary School

Florence Elementary School is a vibrant and diverse school located in the heart of Florence, Oregon. Our school has a long history of excellence, and we are proud to offer our students a quality education in a safe and nurturing environment. We have a dedicated staff of teachers and administrators who are committed to helping each student reach their full potential.
At Florence Elementary, we strive to create a learning atmosphere that is engaging, inspiring, and challenging. Our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of all learners and to foster a love of learning. We offer a variety of extracurricular activities, such as sports, art, music, and drama, to help students develop their interests and talents.
We believe that every student deserves the opportunity to become a life-long learner, and we are committed to providing an education that is both rigorous and enjoyable. We strive to create a school climate that is respectful and inclusive, and we are proud of our diverse student body. Our students come from a variety of cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds, and we are dedicated to helping them reach their highest potential.
At Florence Elementary, we are committed to helping our students reach their highest potential, and we are proud to be a part of the Florence community. We are dedicated to providing our students with a quality education and helping them become lifelong learners.

Address:

3914 First Ave.
San Diego, CA 92103

Phone:

(619) 344-5900

Site:

sandiegounified.org

Grades:

K – 5

Enrollment:

228 students

Overview Florence Elementary School

Florence Elementary School serves 228 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Florence Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year. The student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is lower than the California state level of 22:1. Minority enrollment is 80% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Florence Elementary School

Florence Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Florence Elementary School is 0.60, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Hillsdale Middle School

Skyline High School

Marionneaux Elementary School

Keystone Montessori Charter School

Keystone Montessori Charter School