Gregg Anderson Academy

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Gregg Anderson Academy

Gregg Anderson Academy is a unique private school in the heart of Los Angeles, California. Founded in 2007, the school provides a rigorous, college preparatory education for students in grades 6 through 12.
At Gregg Anderson Academy, students benefit from a challenging academic program that emphasizes real-world problem-solving and critical thinking. The school’s curriculum is designed to help students develop the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in college and beyond. The academy also offers a variety of extracurricular activities, including athletics, clubs, and volunteer opportunities.
The school’s faculty is highly qualified, with many teachers holding advanced degrees in their fields. In addition, Gregg Anderson Academy provides a safe and supportive learning environment for students. The school’s staff works hard to ensure that all students feel welcome and respected.
Gregg Anderson Academy is an excellent choice for students who are looking for a challenging, yet supportive, educational environment. The school’s rigorous curriculum and dedicated faculty provide an ideal setting for students to excel academically and grow as individuals.

Address:

5151 W. Ave. N-8
Palmdale, CA 93551

Phone:

(661) 206-3750

Site:

westside.k12.ca.us

Grades:

K – 8

Enrollment:

832 students

Overview Gregg Anderson Academy

Gregg Anderson Academy serves 832 students in grades Kindergarten-8.
Gregg Anderson Academy placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year. The student:teacher ratio of 25:1 is higher than the California state level of 22:1. Minority enrollment is 58% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Gregg Anderson Academy

Gregg Anderson Academy is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Gregg Anderson Academy is 0.67, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

University Preparation Charter School At Csu Channel Islands

University Preparation Charter School At Csu Channel Islands

Albertville Middle School

Maywood Middle School

Center For Academic Success #5 – Sierra Vista K-8

Center For Academic Success #5 – Sierra Vista K-8