High Desert Community Day

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About High Desert Community Day

High Desert Community Day is an annual event held in the city of Victorville, California. It is a celebration of the local community, featuring a variety of activities, vendors, and entertainment. The event is held in the spring and typically draws thousands of people from the surrounding area.
The day begins with a parade featuring local businesses, organizations, and schools. After the parade, there are a variety of activities and vendors in the park. There are carnival rides, food vendors, and a variety of games and activities for kids. There is also live music and entertainment throughout the day.
High Desert Community Day is a great way for the community to come together and celebrate the area. It is a great opportunity for people to get to know their neighbors and local businesses, and to enjoy the day. The event is free and open to the public, making it a great way to spend a day with family and friends.

Address:

802 N. E. St.
Alturas, CA 96101

Phone:

(530) 233-7201

Site:

modoc.k12.ca.us

Grades:

6 – 10

Enrollment:

7 students

Overview High Desert Community Day

High Desert Community Day serves 7 students in grades 6-10.
High Desert Community Day placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year. The student:teacher ratio of 7:1 is lower than the California state level of 22:1. Minority enrollment is 14% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is lower than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on High Desert Community Day

High Desert Community Day is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of High Desert Community Day is 0.24, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Mountain Gap Elementary School

Copper Basin

Scotts Valley High School

Scotts Valley High School

Del Mar High School