Hurley Elementary School

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Hurley Elementary School

Hurley Elementary School is a public elementary school located in Hurley, Wisconsin. It is part of the Hurley School District and serves students in grades K-5. The school is committed to providing a quality education that meets the academic, social, and emotional needs of all students. Hurley Elementary has a strong commitment to student achievement and provides numerous opportunities for students to participate in extracurricular activities. The school has a variety of clubs and organizations, such as the student council, the robotics club, and the drama club. The school also offers a wide range of sports teams, including basketball, volleyball, and track. Hurley Elementary is dedicated to creating a supportive and nurturing learning environment for all students. The school provides a safe and secure environment for students to learn, grow, and succeed.

Address:

6600 W. Hurley Ave.
Visalia, CA 93291

Phone:

(559) 730-7905

Site:

vusd.org

Grades:

K – 6

Enrollment:

570 students

Overview Hurley Elementary School

Hurley Elementary School serves 570 students in grades Kindergarten-6.
Hurley Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 60-79% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 60-79% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 24:1 is higher than the California state level of 22:1.
Minority enrollment is 74% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Hurley Elementary School

Hurley Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Hurley Elementary School is 0.69, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Terramar Academy Of The Arts

Terramar Academy Of The Arts

Edkey Inc. – Sequoia Deaf School

Edkey Inc. – Sequoia Deaf School

South Mountain Preparatory Academy

Yakov E. Netsvetov School