John Barrett Middle School

John Barrett Middle School

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About John Barrett Middle School

John Barrett Middle School is a public school located in the city of San Diego, California. It is part of the San Diego Unified School District and serves students in grades 6-8. The school has a student population of about 600 students and a faculty of about 40 teachers. John Barrett Middle School is committed to providing a quality education to all of its students. The school offers a variety of academic programs, including advanced placement classes, art, music, and physical education. It also has a strong focus on technology and provides its students with access to computers, tablets, and other technology resources. John Barrett Middle School also has a variety of extracurricular activities and clubs, such as the drama club, robotics club, and chess club. The school also offers a variety of sports teams, including football, basketball, and volleyball. John Barrett Middle School is a great place for students to learn and grow. The school provides a safe and supportive learning environment and is dedicated to helping each student reach their potential.

Address:

4243 Barrett Rd.
Carmichael, CA 95608

Phone:

(916) 971-7842

Site:

sanjuan.edu

Grades:

6 – 8

Enrollment:

720 students

Overview John Barrett Middle School

John Barrett Middle School serves 720 students in grades 6-8.
John Barrett Middle School placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year. The student:teacher ratio of 25:1 is higher than the California state level of 22:1. Minority enrollment is 42% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on John Barrett Middle School

John Barrett Middle School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of John Barrett Middle School is 0.62, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Buena High School

Buena High School

San Ysidro High School

Haas Hall Academy At The Lane

Leading Edge Academy Gilbert Elementary School

Leading Edge Academy Gilbert Elementary School