Livermore High School
11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown
About Livermore High School
Livermore High School is an excellent public school located in Livermore, California. It is part of the Livermore Valley Joint Unified School District and serves students in grades 9-12. The school is a comprehensive high school with a strong academic program and a wide range of extracurricular activities.
The school’s academic program is rigorous and provides students with a well-rounded education. Students can choose from a variety of courses, including Advanced Placement, honors, and vocational classes. The school also offers a variety of electives and extracurricular activities, such as sports, clubs, and activities.
The school has a strong commitment to the safety and well-being of its students. It has a dedicated staff of teachers and administrators who are committed to providing a safe and supportive learning environment. The school also has a variety of resources to help students succeed, including tutoring, counseling, and college and career guidance.
Livermore High School is a great choice for students looking for a high-quality education and a supportive learning environment. With its rigorous academic program and wide range of extracurricular activities, Livermore High School is a great place for students to grow and learn.
600 Maple St.
Livermore, CA 94550
9 – 12
Overview Livermore High School
Livermore High School serves 1,860 students in grades 9-12.
Livermore High School placed in the top 10% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 60% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 74% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 23:1 is higher than the California state level of 22:1.
Minority enrollment is 53% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).
Verdict on Livermore High School
Livermore High School is ranked within the top 10% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Livermore High School is 0.67, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.