Loconoma Valley High School
11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown
About Loconoma Valley High School
Loconoma Valley High School is a public school located in the heart of the San Francisco Bay Area. It is part of the San Mateo Union High School District and serves the communities of San Mateo, Burlingame, and Hillsborough. The school offers a variety of academic and extracurricular activities, as well as a strong sense of community.
At Loconoma Valley High School, students have access to a wide range of educational opportunities. The school offers a variety of Advanced Placement (AP) courses, as well as honors and college-level classes. The school also offers a variety of extracurricular activities, such as sports teams, music and drama clubs, and academic competitions.
The school is also known for its strong sense of community. The school has a student-run newspaper, a student council, and a variety of clubs and organizations. Students are encouraged to get involved in the school and its activities, and many do.
Loconoma Valley High School is a great place to learn and grow. The school offers a variety of educational opportunities, as well as a strong sense of community. It is a great place for students to explore their interests and develop their skills.
20932 Big Canyon Rd.
Middletown, CA 95461
10 – 12
Overview Loconoma Valley High School
Loconoma Valley High School serves 9 students in grades 10-12.
Loconoma Valley High School placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year. The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is lower than the California state level of 22:1. Minority enrollment is 22% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).
Verdict on Loconoma Valley High School
Loconoma Valley High School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Loconoma Valley High School is 0.37, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.