Millennium High Alternative

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Millennium High Alternative

Millennium High Alternative School is a unique and innovative school that offers an alternative approach to education. Located in a small town in the Midwest, this school offers a personalized learning experience for students who may not fit into a traditional school setting.
At Millennium High, students are encouraged to take ownership of their education, with personalized learning plans and a focus on student-driven projects. The curriculum is designed to be flexible, allowing students to explore their interests and develop skills in areas that are meaningful to them.
The school also has a strong emphasis on building relationships and community. Students are encouraged to work together to solve problems, and teachers are dedicated to creating a safe and supportive learning environment.
Millennium High Alternative School is a great option for students who want to take ownership of their education and develop a unique set of skills. With its flexible and personalized approach to learning, this school is a great choice for those who want to explore their interests and find their own path.

Address:

760 Magnolia Ave.
Oakland, CA 94611

Phone:

(510) 594-2703

Site:

piedmont.k12.ca.us

Grades:

9 – 12

Enrollment:

57 students

Overview Millennium High Alternative

Millennium High Alternative serves 57 students in grades 9-12.
Millennium High Alternative placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year. The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is lower than the California state level of 22:1. Minority enrollment is 63% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is lower than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Millennium High Alternative

Millennium High Alternative is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Millennium High Alternative is 0.76, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Chenal Elementary School

Chenal Elementary School

Princeton School

Baldwin Park High School

Baldwin Park High School

Sparkman Middle School