Miller Elementary School

Miller Elementary School

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Miller Elementary School

Miller Elementary School is a top-rated public school located in the heart of the city. It is a part of the local school district and serves children from kindergarten through fifth grade. The school is known for its commitment to providing a safe and nurturing learning environment for all students.
Miller Elementary School provides a comprehensive curriculum that includes core subjects such as math, science, language arts, and social studies. The school also offers a wide variety of enrichment activities, including music, art, physical education, and foreign language classes. In addition, the school offers a variety of extracurricular activities such as student clubs, sports teams, and field trips.
Miller Elementary School is committed to providing a positive learning environment that promotes academic excellence and encourages students to reach their full potential. The school is dedicated to creating an atmosphere that is welcoming and supportive of all students and their families. The staff is dedicated to creating a safe and secure learning environment that is free from bullying and other forms of intimidation.
Miller Elementary School is an excellent choice for parents who are looking for a quality education for their children. It is a great place for students to learn, grow, and thrive.

Address:

4343 Shields St.
San Diego, CA 92124

Phone:

(858) 221-5200

Site:

sandiegounified.org

Grades:

K – 5

Enrollment:

641 students

Overview Miller Elementary School

Miller Elementary School serves 641 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Miller Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year. The student:teacher ratio of 22:1 is equal to the California state level of 22:1. Minority enrollment is 52% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Miller Elementary School

Miller Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Miller Elementary School is 0.66, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Macmillan International At Mckee

Running Springs Elementary School

Aniak Junior/Senior High School

Junction City Elementary School