Muirlands Middle School
11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown
About Muirlands Middle School
Muirlands Middle School is a public middle school located in La Jolla, California. It is part of the San Diego Unified School District and serves students in grades 6-8. The school is known for its academic excellence, diverse student body, and strong sense of community.
Muirlands Middle School offers a wide variety of academic and extracurricular activities. The school has a rigorous academic program that emphasizes critical thinking, collaboration, creativity, and problem-solving. Students have access to a variety of electives, including art, music, theater, and physical education. The school also offers a variety of extracurricular activities, such as sports teams, clubs, and student government.
The school’s faculty and staff are dedicated to helping students achieve their goals and reach their full potential. The school has a welcoming and supportive atmosphere that encourages students to explore their interests and develop their skills.
Muirlands Middle School is a great place for students to learn and grow. The school’s commitment to academic excellence and student success makes it a great choice for families in the La Jolla area.
1056 Nautilus St.
La Jolla, CA 92037
6 – 8
Overview Muirlands Middle School
Muirlands Middle School serves 750 students in grades 6-8.
Muirlands Middle School placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year. The student:teacher ratio of 23:1 is higher than the California state level of 22:1. Minority enrollment is 42% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).
Verdict on Muirlands Middle School
Muirlands Middle School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Muirlands Middle School is 0.60, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.