Perris Lake High (Continuation)

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Perris Lake High (Continuation)

Perris Lake High is also known for its outstanding sports teams. The school has won numerous championships in basketball, football, and volleyball, and the athletic programs are well-funded and highly competitive. The school also has a strong music program, with a variety of bands, choirs, and orchestras. Students can participate in a variety of musical activities, such as marching band, jazz band, and musical theatre.
The school also offers a wide range of extracurricular activities. From clubs and organizations to volunteer opportunities, there is something for everyone. Students can choose to participate in robotics, debate, chess, and more. The school also has a variety of student-run organizations, including a student government and student newspaper.
Overall, Perris Lake High is an excellent school with a diverse and engaged student body. The school is committed to providing a safe and nurturing learning environment, and its teachers and staff strive to ensure that all students have the opportunity to reach their full potential.

Address:

418 W. Ellis
Perris, CA 92570

Phone:

(951) 657-7357

Site:

plhs.puhsd.org

Grades:

9 – 12

Enrollment:

282 students

Overview Perris Lake High (Continuation)

Perris Lake High (Continuation) serves 282 students in grades 9-12.
Perris Lake High (Continuation) placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year. The student:teacher ratio of 26:1 is higher than the California state level of 22:1. Minority enrollment is 89% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Perris Lake High (Continuation)

Perris Lake High (Continuation) is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Perris Lake High (Continuation) is 0.32, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Los Amigos High School

Los Amigos High School

Sanders Middle School

Watson Chapel High School

Rio Norte Junior High School

Rio Norte Junior High School