Peters Canyon Elementary School

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Peters Canyon Elementary School

Peters Canyon Elementary School is a public school located in the city of Orange, California. It is part of the Orange Unified School District and serves students in grades K-5. The school has a strong commitment to academic excellence, and its students consistently perform above average on standardized tests.
Peters Canyon Elementary School has a strong focus on the arts, with a wide range of programs available to students. The school also has a strong focus on physical education, with an emphasis on active living. The school is also committed to providing a safe and supportive learning environment for all students.
The school has a strong parent involvement program, with a variety of opportunities for parents to get involved in their child’s education. The school also has a number of extracurricular activities, including sports teams, clubs, and after-school programs.
Peters Canyon Elementary School is a great choice for families looking for a quality education in a safe and nurturing environment. With its strong commitment to academic excellence and focus on the arts and physical education, Peters Canyon Elementary School is an excellent option for families in the Orange Unified School District.

Address:

26900 Peters Canyon Rd.
Tustin, CA 92780

Phone:

(714) 730-7540

Site:

tustin.k12.ca.us

Grades:

K – 5

Enrollment:

497 students

Overview Peters Canyon Elementary School

Peters Canyon Elementary School serves 497 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Peters Canyon Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year. The student:teacher ratio of 25:1 is higher than the California state level of 22:1. Minority enrollment is 76% of the student body (majority Asian), which is lower than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Peters Canyon Elementary School

Peters Canyon Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Peters Canyon Elementary School is 0.71, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Blue Ridge Junior High School

Blue Ridge Junior High School

Gallego Intermediate Fine Arts Magnet School

Gallego Intermediate Fine Arts Magnet School

Harry N Mixon Intermediate School

William Collier Elementary School