Petersen Alternative Center For Education

Petersen Alternative Center For Education

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Petersen Alternative Center For Education

The Petersen Alternative Center for Education is an innovative learning center that provides a unique educational experience for students of all ages. Located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles, the Petersen Center offers a holistic approach to learning, combining traditional classroom instruction with hands-on, experiential learning. The center’s mission is to empower students to become creative, independent thinkers who can make informed decisions and become life-long learners.
At the Petersen Center, students are encouraged to explore their interests, develop their skills, and take ownership of their education. The center offers a variety of courses and activities, including arts and crafts, music, science, technology, sports, and more. The center also offers a range of enrichment activities designed to help students develop social and emotional skills.
The Petersen Center strives to create a safe, supportive, and encouraging learning environment where students can feel comfortable and confident. All students are encouraged to work together and support each other in their learning journey. The center is committed to providing a high-quality education and helping students reach their full potential.

Address:

2209 Blue Gum Ave.
Modesto, CA 95358

Phone:

(209) 238-6717

Site:

stancoe.org

Grades:

6 – 12

Enrollment:

143 students

Overview Petersen Alternative Center For Education

Petersen Alternative Center For Education serves 143 students in grades 6-12.
Petersen Alternative Center For Education placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year. The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is lower than the California state level of 22:1. Minority enrollment is 82% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Petersen Alternative Center For Education

Petersen Alternative Center For Education is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Petersen Alternative Center For Education is 0.55, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Cstp-civilian Student Training Program High School

Cstp-civilian Student Training Program High School

Jackson Junior High School

Jackson Junior High School

Westlake Elementary School

Cedar Ridge High School