Plaza Elementary School

Plaza Elementary School

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Plaza Elementary School

Plaza Elementary School is a vibrant learning community located in a diverse neighborhood in the heart of the city. We are committed to providing a safe and nurturing environment where all students can reach their full potential. Our teachers and staff are dedicated to providing an excellent education for all students.
At Plaza Elementary School, we believe that every student is capable of success. We strive to create an inclusive learning environment where every student is valued and respected. We provide a rigorous and engaging curriculum that encourages critical thinking, creativity, and collaboration. Our students are encouraged to explore their interests, develop their talents, and become life-long learners.
We also recognize the importance of fostering a sense of community and belonging. We offer a variety of extracurricular activities, clubs, and sports teams to help our students develop strong relationships with their peers and adults. Our school values diversity and inclusion and works to ensure that all students feel welcomed and accepted.
At Plaza Elementary School, we are proud of our students and their accomplishments. We strive to ensure that every student has the opportunity to reach their full potential and become a successful, contributing member of society.

Address:

7322 Co Rd. 24
Orland, CA 95963

Phone:

(530) 865-1250

Site:

plazaschool.org

Grades:

K – 8

Enrollment:

182 students

Overview Plaza Elementary School

Plaza Elementary School serves 182 students in grades Kindergarten-8.
Plaza Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 60-69% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 55-59% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 20:1 is lower than the California state level of 22:1.
Minority enrollment is 46% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Plaza Elementary School

Plaza Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Plaza Elementary School is 0.56, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Chicago Park Community Charter

Double Springs Middle School

Winfield Elementary School

Jeffery A. Bader Memorial School