Roosevelt Elementary School

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Roosevelt Elementary School

Roosevelt Elementary School is a vibrant and diverse learning environment located in the heart of the city. It is a welcoming, safe, and stimulating place for all students to learn and grow. Roosevelt Elementary School offers a rigorous curriculum that is designed to challenge and inspire students to reach their highest potential. The school’s dedicated staff of teachers and administrators strive to create an atmosphere of respect and collaboration that encourages students to take ownership of their learning.
The school provides a variety of enrichment activities and programs such as after school clubs, sports teams, and field trips. These activities help to foster a sense of community and provide students with the opportunity to explore their interests and talents. Roosevelt Elementary School also offers a variety of programs to support student success, such as tutoring, counseling, and mentoring.
Roosevelt Elementary School is committed to developing students into lifelong learners who are prepared to face the challenges of the future. The school’s commitment to excellence is evident in its strong academic performance, its commitment to the arts, and its dedication to creating a positive and supportive learning environment. Roosevelt Elementary School is a place where students can reach their fullest potential and become successful members of their community.

Address:

811 Sixth St.
Taft, CA 93268

Phone:

(661) 763-3113

Site:

taftcityschools.com

Grades:

2 – 5

Enrollment:

519 students

Overview Roosevelt Elementary School

Roosevelt Elementary School serves 519 students in grades 2-5.
Roosevelt Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year. The student:teacher ratio of 23:1 is higher than the California state level of 22:1. Minority enrollment is 68% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Roosevelt Elementary School

Roosevelt Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Roosevelt Elementary School is 0.48, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Jack Barnes Elementary School

Jack Barnes Elementary School

Apache Junction High School

Apache Junction High School

Tartesso Elementary School

Tartesso Elementary School

Headland Elementary School